For Serious Christian Growth... Sink Your Roots into the Word of God!

Stop Wasting Time
June 20, 2008

“Get rid of those useless thoughts which are at best a waste of time.” Jose Escriva

Author-physician A. J. Cronin calculated that only 8% of our worries were real and legitimate. All the rest – 92% – were composed of things that couldn’t happen, had already happened, were beyond our control, or were simply petty.

That means that most of us are wasting a whole lot of time and effort every day! Consider the good thoughts and positive mental activity that could be taking place during the minutes and hours, days and weeks, we spend time in useless worry.

  • How much time do you waste worrying about things that may never happen, or that have already happened?
  • What is the subject of those worries?
  • Why do you worry about them?

Consider the following verses:

“Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will.” Romans 12:2

“Set your minds on things above, not on earthly things.” Colossians 3:2

What practical steps can you take to renew your mind and set your mind on things above?

Copyright © 2008, Paula J. Marolewski. All rights reserved.
The above Seedling may NOT be reprinted.
About Paula
Bible Studies
Nonfiction Books
Novels & Books
Seedlings 2009
Seedlings 2008
The Sink Your Roots Blog
Contact Us
Follow us on Facebook!
Copyright © 2012 Paula Marolewski. All rights reserved.
Web site design by Neptune Moon Design.